Friday, March 02, 2007

Oh Yeah...The Girl's Got Skillzz

Hello Beautiful Peoples,



Well, tonight I finished plying my first attempt at yarn.

Roving in the foreground,
newly plied skein of wool,
and how to book

After plying, I soaked it, gently squeezed it, blotted it with towel gently, and then set it out to admire.

Book with
skein of Finn Top wool


Not bad for my first attempt with the drop spindle. I am greatly pleased. I can't stop looking at the skein or touching it. It even smells loverly!!! :

Close-up of skein


Tomorrow is my spinning class in the city. It's an all day affair which I am so excited about, I'm actually salivating. I will be learning how to spin on the wheel (*squeals*). I have wanted to learn how to do this for the last nine years. Tomorrow, I will be the idiot with a smile pasted all over her face. But I won't care. I will be full of bliss...I might even do a little chair dance of joy.

On the knitting front, I quickly snapped a couple of pics of the shawl I'm working on for my mom.
Mom's Shawl
Not the best lighting...


The pictures would have looked better in natural sunlight, but you get the drift. As I make further progress, I will snap some more piccys and post them.
Mom's Shawl on needle,
Wool skein drying in the background
That's all for tonight. It's getting late and I need to phone my sister to wish her a happy birthday (was last night, but they were out). Then, I'm off to bed. I needs my beauty sleep for tomorrow.

Tah Tah!

No comments: