Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Behold!

Hey Ho!


So today we had a nice sunny day to help show off the splendor which is my purchase from yesterday...fleece for the spinnin'.


I really can't tell you just how excited I am about my purchase. I'm not sure I can put that kind of exhileration into words. Well, I suppose to say, "I'm so excited, I'm gonna pee my pants!"...I think that pretty much sums it up. I have been carding like a madwoman -- I'm currently spinning up the lighter brown fleece.I believe it is Border Cheviot -- if I remember correctly. It is a coarser fleece, but very strong. Loretta told me it will make a really nice cardigan sweater or something that won't be right against the skin. I have the perfect pattern in mind for it. I'll try to find the picture (it's from Interweave Knits). I have wanted to make it for some time, but haven't had the wool. By the time I spin and ply the wool required for the pattern, the sweater will have costed me somewhere between $5-10 dollars. But I will love it because I will have handled it from the beginning stage of carding it all the way to knitting the last stitch.


I'd better get going. We have our last soup supper and Lenten service tonight at church. I have about an hour to get a few things finished up before heading over. Enjoy the pictures of my latest fleece shopping adventure...
In the foreground: (l) dark brown Romeldale, and (r) creamy Alpaca
In the background: Corriedale (very silky!!!)

The cream coloured bag contains 5 or 6 lbs of unknown fleece
Cream and Light brown in colour -- will make a nice heathered wool

On the left: the Corriedale fibre
On the right: an unknown fibre

1 comment:

Sheepish Annie said...

Oooooo! Pretty, pretty wool! I don't process much fleece until the summer rolls around. I need to keep the windows open...sheep have a real "presence" when one lives in a small condo!