Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Mama's A Happy Camper!

Hi Loverly Peoples!

I am in a very happy mood tonight. I will have dreams of fibre spinning through my fingers tonight! Earlier this afternoon I went to the home of one of the ladies from the Spinners' Guild. She had some fibre she offered to sell me. I got quite a variety: some Border Cheviot, Alpaca (eeeee!!!), Romeldale, Coridale, and a couple other bags of I can't remember what. All in all, I got almost 10 lbs of assorted fleece for $45.00!!!!!!!!!!!! To give non-spinners/knitters some perspective, the local yarn shop sells 1 lb of Coridale for $47.50. I think I got a pretty good deal. Yee-haw!

Earlier this afternoon, I carded up some of the Cheviot and spun up some up to get a feel. It is a coarser wool, so the lady who sold it to me said it would make a really nice cardigan -- or something that isn't right against the skin. It has about a 3-4" staple so the longer fibres make it much easier for me to spin the singles quite thin.

I'll snap some piccys tomorrow. Tonight it is late and I am needing to get to bed. Morning comes early, so I'd better get moving. Good night everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet haul!

I am so jealous. Enjoy it. :-)