Thursday, February 01, 2007

I'm All About The Knitting, Baby!

Okay, so for those who haven't figured it out yet, I am developing a crazy obsessive knitting addiction. I can't just sit anymore without sticks and wool in my hands. I feel "na-kid". So it should not surprise anyone of my most recent knitting accomplishment.

My parents are visiting us until Feb 5th. My mom's birthday was yesterday (Jan 31st) and mine is today (Feb 1st). On Saturday, we "dropped by" the wool shop I have been frequenting as of late. Mom wanted a pair of felted slipper clogs like I made for hubby and my baby girl. So, we picked out some wool (Briggs & Little -- Regal in turquoise) for the knitting extravaganza! I hadn't worked with this particular brand of wool before so my fingers were itchin' before we even left the shop.


I started knitting them late Saturday afternoon and by Monday morning I was ready to begin felting them! I amazed even myself since I consider myself to be a slow knitter!!! Last night I finished my green slippers for felting (I started those just before Christmas). This morning I felted them up and...VIOLA! We have felted slippers:


The Briggs & Little yarn didn't shrink as much as I wanted them to, but I'm still pretty pleased with them nonetheless. I may have overshrunk the green ones so my mom and I may need to switch colours...we'll have to see. But for now...sweet!

1 comment:

Sheepish Annie said...

Happy Birthday! And the clogs are great. Nice job! Hope you really enjoyed your day.