Saturday, February 10, 2007

Ongoing Mystery Project

Hey!


Well, I was hoping to give you "teaser" photos of the mystery item I've been working on as I made bits of progress. But today I knit with guns a blazin'! I am getting close to finishing...


I've had a few people e-mail me with their ideas. Some suggested perhaps it was a fun fur halter top/dress. Okay, nice try peoples, but really...let's think about this. Me? In a fun fur halter top? It's a little caveman era for me...not so flattering, and may possibly draw too much unnecessary attention to "the girls".


Another idea was a clutch/handbag. Again...good try, but nope. I've been carrying the same green Mountain Equipment Co-op bag for the last...hmmm...10 years or so. (Okay, yes, maybe I am a fashion victim. What are you going to do about it? Call a fashion makeover show? Go ahead...I could use all the help I need!!!)


Well, while mom and dad were visiting my baby girl saw a knitted teddy bear in the yarn shop. The yarn was on for a good price, so...


I give you Madeline's almost completed,


new Best Friend Bear.


It's a pretty cool pattern. I found it in the Holiday 2006 Interweave Knits magazine. It knits up pretty quickly and has been a fun project.


As I finish, I'll post more pics (especially after it is stuffed with face done). The pattern actually called for a different yarn, but Madeline wanted a fuzzy stuffy. It will be beautiful I think.


Tomorrow we have our Annual Voters' Meeting at church. Ergo, I've got to bring along some knitting (possibly my Lacy Kerchief Scarf) to keep me busy. Sometimes the meetings can get a bit "spicy" so it helps to have some knitting along to distract me.


Have a great night and we'll see you again real soon.

1 comment:

Sheepish Annie said...

Dang...I was hoping for the halter top. ;) But that is one cute bear and probably a better use for the yarn! The world has enough halter tops at this point, I think.