Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Still Reeling From New Year's Eve

Hello loverly peoples!

A great big happy new year to everyone! I hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve. The title of my post is actually rather deceiving since it would bring up images in one's mind of me about 18 years ago (*sob*...how time has past...how the weight has gathered!!! *sniff*) moving and gyrating on the dance floor at some hot rockin' New Year's Eve gala affair.

However, it really was a quite evening on the homefront. We had a freaky rain storm all day which later turned to a snowy-slushy affair. Hence, we would not be heading to town for our annual New Year's Eve dinner. Ergo, we put the life of some poor, underpaid delivery boy in jeopardy who brought us a Chinese feast to fill our bellies. But being the ever faithful worker he crawled up the hill from the city to bring us our num-nums.

After dinner I donned a sexy little outfit (picked out special for the night)...old flannel pj bottoms (covered with snowmen and snowflakes) and a t-shirt. But not just any t-shirt. Rather, it is one sexy little number complete with ripped armpits and laden on the belly with holes of varying shapes and sizes.

With diet cola in hand I sauntered over to the kitchen table where my darling hubby and daughter were waiting for me. They were ready to hunker down for a good ol' fashioned games night. Madeline proudly displayed her latest game acquisition, "The Littlest Pet Shop" game. The rest of the night was filled with gleeful squeals and giggles...I'm not sure why, but my hubby and dd kept giving me the strangest looks.

Once baby girl was put to bed for the night, I settled onto the couch and continued knitting my scarf and hubby and I watched the countdown on Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve. Once the ball dropped declaring the end to 2006 and ringing in the new year, things got pretty crazy around the house. Our next door neighbours started to fire off their firecrackers to begin the new year and we just stood in our window and watched the colours dance into the sky. Very romantic!

Soon after (approximately 12:06 a.m.) the fireworks had ended, I enjoyed a bowl of Corn Flakes, kissed my hubby good night and went to bed to read.

Boy, New Year's Eve definitely has changed!

I wish you all the very best for 2007.

1 comment:

Sheepish Annie said...

I couldn't get the cats to play any games with me. Thus, my New Year's celebrations were lacking in comparison to yours. :(

Happy '07!