Saturday, January 20, 2007

Nice Fat Ankles and Nubby Feet!!!

Good Morning My Beautifuls!

Okay, so the other day I picked up some sock wool to make some Jaywalker socks (with a shorter leg on it). Well, I was so excited to get going I just grabbed my needles and knit away. Now, I really wasn't paying attention. I used 3.0 mm dpns (double pointed needles) for my "Almost 10-lb Socks" so I wasn't thinking to even check what the pattern calls for (2.25 mm dpns). I thought the sock looked rather "fat" while I was working on it. But, like an idiot, I just kept knitting. I Kitchener'ed the toe last night and I was left with...hmmm...let's just say it looks like it was made for a person with extremely fat ankles and a nub for a foot.
I like the colourway of the wool, especially with the Jaywalker pattern. You can't tell from this picture, but it is actually quite loose around the ankle. However I'm gonna have to frog this one (rrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiip it out). They are supposed to be a gift for someone and I can't possibly give them that!!!! They would be offended. It would be like saying, "I love you and your fat ankles and nubby feet!" Horrible!!!!
Well, a week has passed since I last wrote. Sorry about that. It's not that my life jacked up to an exciting level or anything. I was just...busy. Doing what? Well...it couldn't have been that exciting since nothing really comes to mind.
However, I was checking my e-mail messages last night and I received a letter from one of the magazines I submitted an article for. They are going to print my article!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woo Hoo! I believe that's #4 on my list of "things to do" this year. Booyah!
Well, I'd better go. I have a sock to frog, breakfast to eat, and victory dances to be danced! Have a great day, my pretties...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the article acceptance. Way to start 2007!