Monday, January 08, 2007

Everything Is Back To Normal

Hello My Peeps!

So, I had an interesting conversation with a couple of good friends yesterday. We were talking about New Year's Resolutions and whether I had made any. I very proudly informed them that I don't make them, because of the reasons stated in my previous post (Jan 3rd). And besides, I am a princess so if I don't want to do something, I simply don't. As the conversation continued, I mentioned how in the new year I would like to do some stuff, get some info, etc. when my friend Bruce (I won't mention his name) said, "Hmmm...sounds like a resolution to me!" Well, to say I was flabbergasted is an understatement. I refused to believe it. It couldn't be possible! I NEVER make resolutions! EVER!

For the sake of argument, let's just say my friend Bruce (I won't mention his name) was right! What would my list consist of? Where do I see myself this time next year?
  1. Eat right, move more...lose weight.
  2. Knit more, nap less.
  3. E-mail or phone friends and family more often.
  4. Write something and get it published.
  5. Get to bed before midnight.
  6. Get up early to write.
  7. Kiss and hug my baby girl & hubby more (as if that's even possible).
  8. Declutter and organize my house.
  9. Keep my newly decluttered and organized house clean (without complaining that I need a maid to do it all for me).
  10. Eat at home more...eat out less.
  11. Drink more water...less pop.
  12. Floss daily.

Okay, so for the sake of argument, that's a pretty long and hefty "resolutions" list. And for the sake of argument, have I even attempted any of it yet? Well, yes, I have! Today I finished working on an article I'm submitting to a magazine for publication ("Resolution" #4) and I always have a short story or two burning in my brain. We're doing pretty well on "resolutions" # 10 and #11. And merely eight days into this new "James Bond 007" year, I'm doin' pretty well on numbers 1 and 2. "Resolution" #7 is just a given, but it doesn't hurt to aim for a few extras every day.

But, as I have stated previously. I NEVER make resolutions. EVER! I just like to make lists!

2 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

Those aren't resolutions. They are "notes to self." Much easier to follow, I find. ;)

A J Craig said...

You forgot "get a Wii!" Seriously, I played one this weekend and it was a hoot and, dare I say it... a holler. It certainly helps in the move more department, I had sore muscles for a few days after. Weird considering I mostly played bowling, which struck me as a weird phenomenon on Wii. All the other Wii sports are generally played by svelt people in real life, and yet how many trim and athletic bowlers do you see!?! Still, it was a ton of fun and you guys would totally love it!