Wednesday, January 03, 2007

No New Year's Resolutions For Me

Well, I have decided no resolutions this year. Why? Because I NEVER keep them. So really, let's just save ourselves the disappointment, shall we? Yeah, I could chant the same ol' tune again this year: "No more pop, less food, more moving, more of this, less of that...", but to what avail? Let's just say this year I'm going to try to be a little more aware of what I am doing/not doing/eating/not eating/drinking/not drinking. That way I can't beat myself up when things don't go according to plan.
Tomorrow is D-day...Dentist-day. To say I get nervous going to the dentist is a bit of an understatement. Let's just say when I drop my husband off for HIS dental appointments, I begin to hyperventilate. But tomorrow is my six-month check-up. Am I dreading Black Thursday...well, yes...yes I am. I have not had a good record of excellent dental health. Now, don't get me wrong. I think dentists are fine, upstanding people. However, a lifetime of fillings, braces, a root canal, dental surgery, and floss-nazis (that's my "term of endearment" for the loverly hygenists) has left me as a shivering, whimpering, blob of jello-type messiness. But I do love my new dentist. She is a very kind and patient lady whom I adore. Plus, she gives me the stuff! Now, I'm talkin' about the nitrous, baby! Nitrous Oxide! Gas of the Dental Gods!!! (aka...laughing gas). It makes the whole process seem a little less daunting. It kind of gives you the feeling of having a few glasses of wine under your belt before going under the light. With the gas, everything is funny and beautiful. The dental hygenist/floss-nazi can tell you for the 900,000,000,000th time that you need to floss more, but that feeling shame because of your dental neglect doesn't seem to really bother you as much when you're sucking back the nitrous. In fact, I believe I have actually burst out laughing while telling her, for the 900,000,000,000th time, "Tonight, I promise I will start anew! Flossing will commence!" (I may have even saluted her...) But we both really know I'm lying through my teeth. Look, I tell her what she wants to hear, and she gives me the gas I need to endure this ridiculous basic routine of life.

On to happier things in life. My Lacy Kerchief Scarf is coming along swimmingly! It is beautiful and sunny today so I thought I'd post a few piccys:

Lying in the morning sun

A more detailed shot
Buttery Goodness!

1 comment:

Sheepish Annie said...

Oh, you don't even want to get me started on the dentist!!! Not good...not good at all. My dentist is a very, very bad man. I live in fear.

Good luck and Godspeed.

Love the scarf!