Monday, August 31, 2009

First Day of Grade 5

Hi Everyone,

My dd had her first day of Grade 5 -- it was an exciting day as she started at the middle school! She was a bit nervous last night, but came bounding in the house today exclaiming school would be a piece of cake this year.

On the knitting front, I've been working on a pair of worsted weight socks for a class I'll be teaching at the end of the month. It's a pretty easy pattern and works up quickly because of the weight of the yarn. I'm just making ankle length socks -- wasn't sure how the pattern would knit up, and I didn't want to waste a lot of time frogging it if pattern didn't work. But it is great basic pattern and you could do a lot with it.

On the reading front, if you haven't read her book series, I highly recommend you pick up Kate Jacobs' books The Friday Night Knitting Club and Knit Two. Such lovely books! I could read them again and again. After you've read them, here is a fun website to go to.

Well, that's it for tonight. I need to get my girl into the tub and off the bed! Have a great night everyone!!!

No comments: