Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Here I Am

Okay, okay. Here I am. Please do not lose faith in me. I am here...

So, what's new you're all wondering? Well, where shall I begin...

  1. My spinners' guild is taking part in a competition of sorts this coming Saturday. It is actually an international competition where a team of 8 people shear, spin, and knit a fleece directly off the sheep's back into an adult sweater in under 8 hours. Cool, eh? I'm going to start off spinning and will switch to knitting after awhile. I think it will be pretty cool and lots of fun. We're also doing a 50/50 draw to raise money for cancer research. I'm hoping my hubby can take lots of pics so I will be able to post our progress. The finished sweater will travel to the various fair exhibitions in and around our area during the summer and fall months. We're hoping it will raise a lot of interest in the Guild.

  2. I've been quite a shutterbug as of late. I got a new camera (DSLR) a week ago. So I have been taking pics like a madwoman! Please check out my Flickr site (just click on the Flickr button on the right and it will take you there).

  3. With Mother's Day quickly approaching I am pleased to announce...da da da dah!!!!!!!!!! I've finished mom's shawl. I am mailing it tomorrow (Thurs) so unfortunately mom it won't be there for Sunday...depends if the husky team is running quickly this week in the heat or not. I've just included a couple of sneaky-peek shots.

  4. Hmmm...oh. I'm still decluttering. Thanks to all who mentioned FlyLady. I have used her program in the past which has worked wonderfully. I've just...lapsed in the last few years.

  5. We've moved our furniture around. Not that most of you care, but I want to thank my hubby for sacrificing his back for the comfort and pleasure of creating a bit of change at home. We have very white walls, but can't afford to paint right now. We needed a splash of colour so we've switched our family room furniture and living room furniture around. With that and my decluttering plan, we should be living chaos-free any month now!

  6. Did most of you out there know it is the month of May??? Yipes! Where did the new year go?

  7. I can't really think of anything more or something that is so profound it causes you to stop reading mid-sentence and ponder the meaning of life.

  8. My craft area is now downstairs. Not sure if that's the smartest idea seeing as there is just that much more room to spread things out!!! Must be diligent.
Well, that's life in a nutshell. I hope you all have a great day and a great night. I have to go now and catch up on e-mail and reading everyone else's blogs.

Ta-Tah!


Oh, just a few pics showing spring is FINALLY here!!!!! :oD Happy happy, joy joy!

Dandelion in backyard

Lilac leaves budding


Violas jumping up


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not that I should be indoors blog-reading on a beautiful, sunny spring afternoon, but here I am, taking a break from the garden.

I LOVE that competition you are entering. Take a lot of pictures if you have time!

Anonymous said...

The spinning competition sounds like it is going to be a lot of fun (and maybe there will be a little pressure)! Have a great time!